Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Counting the Days

I sit here, and I just want to get the hell out of here. I am finding myself rather anxious with things. I am not really sure why. It is rather unnerving, really. I know I just have to get through the next 43 days, and then it is off to the greener grass of Maine. Thank you. Free at last.

I find myself becoming more and more cynical. I think materialism is the demise of this society as a whole, and I truly believe the majority of the Metropolitan Denver area falls witin the spectrum of wishing to be one of the Joneses instead of just enjoying who they are on their own, and living simply, yet beautifully. Price does not seem to matter, and with that, neither does quality. I want to be able to work with my hands, be able to truly live the essence of providing myself and my family with the purity of earth. My last name is not Jones, and damn, I find myself extremely happy to be a Luck.

Just get through 43 more days.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I am jealous of your countdown, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think consumption plagues only denver, nor the united states unfortunately. it's so awesome you have opportunity and you better keep blogging!

    i have a gift for you so we have to meet up when I get back from DC!

    ReplyDelete