Saturday, May 30, 2009

Four More Weekends in Colorado

I was e-mailing back and forth with my dear friend, Abby, trying to set up a get together time. Then I realized, wow, I only have four more weekends that I will be living in Colorado. Crazy. Cool. Honestly, sort of a relief.

Sure there is the little things that can stress a person out, but I only have four more weeks to have to deal with the insanity of work. I only have four more weeks where I will be so out right anal about making sure things are together, the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. Seriously. I cause myself to become a little too drained at times.

I know there are a lot of things that will be different, and it will be basically beginning at square one when we land in Maine. But isn't that the whole point of living in the first place? Isn't that our destination? Where we truly take the time and the work to build our own life? No longer having things handed to us? I suppose the easy way to do things is more realistic in today's day and age, but honestly, I have always taken the more difficult route, and as soon as things begin to become too easy for me, I know I am not challenging myself enough.

So, four more weekend of viewing the 14ers. Four more weekends of being a mile high. I just need to take a little time to embrace it. And try not to forget obviously there is a true reason I loved this land for the 30 years I have lived here. But, I am ready to live and love a new place just as much.

1 comment:

  1. man and i still haven't figured it out! eek. . . i gotta see you!

    ReplyDelete