Friday, May 15, 2009

Chipping the Days Away

I got home from work yesterday and in the mailbox was a card. I thought, oh, how sweet, someone sent Morgan and me a card. Then I read that it was only addressed to me, and I saw that it was from Morgan's Mom.

It was a beautiful card with words of encouragement that I may possibly be a little anxious about moving to Maine and all. She experienced it as well when she first moved from New Jersey up to Maine. Of course, Dianne and Norm are very excited for Morgan and I to be finding ourselves in Maine. It was very sweet.

Time seems to be going slow, but then at the same time, I know it is moving rather quickly. Before I know it, it will be the 25th of June, my last day of work, and then it is all about packing up the truck and hitting the road.

I do find it rather odd that people truly do not understand nor grasp the idea that my main goal is to be able to truly learn how to live off the land. To be able to grow and harvest our own crop, to be able to knit sweaters and socks, to be able to sew garments and such, to be able to construct and carve wood into useful tools and necessities that are needed. To truly understand this is something that I have worked for, and this is the end result. I do not want anymore gimmes. It had placed me in a mental state of believing if it was a gimme, then everything was, and it was my right to have it all. Where is self trust, self love, self appreciation? How is that true glory? Sure it may seem like an odd idea to some, and they may believe it will be nothing but leading myself to failure. I just see it has carving the door to my soul. And I am ready to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment